Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My Insurance Company Dictates My Bipolar Meds Options

I've recently changed health insurance companies. The new one provides awesome prescription benefits - with one major exception - they will only cover generic psych meds.

Needless to say this is frustrating as hell! I now have to switch from a brand medication that's worked wonderfully for a couple years. Unfortunately, there's not a generic available. Hopefully whatever I change to will work just as well.

I've taken several meds for bipolar disorder over the years but none that have worked as well what I'm having to switch from. So, back to my doc I'll go. It's never fun changing meds; it's like a giant chemistry experiment. Ho hum. Stupid insurance companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment