Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Did I Take My Meds This Morning?

I'm having one of those days where I can't recall if I took my morning bipolar meds. This is not alarming but rather irritating as I feel more than a wee bit forgetful today. On a minor tangent - both bipolar meds and having a stroke cause memory issues (short-term for me).

How could I forget? I have a system at home to ensure that I take them but I unexpectedly traveled and stayed last night elsewhere. So do I or don't I take them now? I have to weigh the pros and cons - then devise a system so this doesn't happen again. Taking too much of an anti-seizure med (for bipolar) is probably worse than missing one dose but think I need to take it now as I've been a bit hypo-manic lately.

Regardless of your age or reasons for taking any meds, one should definitely devise a system to eliminate those "did I or didn't I" conundrums.

No comments:

Post a Comment