Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 10, 2014

Why I Decided to Blog - A Brief Intro to My Brain's Adventures

So why start a blog? Because everyone else is doing it.  Of course that's not my answer. First and foremost, please note that I am extremely sarcastic at times, so reader beware.

And now for a few moments of seriousness... Over the last nine months, I've had more than ample time (too much damn time) to ponder why my brain decided to malfunction at the ripe old age of 42 years. Prior to the last nine months, since 1999, I've been wondering the same about my brain yet for an altogether different reason.

Nine months ago I had a completely out-of-the blue major cerebellar stroke. Fun, huh? Especially at the ripe old age of 42 years. There's more to why and how the stroke occurred but I will revisit that in future posts. Let's just say that, depending on which reference or doc you choose to believe, the odds of what led to my stroke are 1:100k. Geez, I must be lucky!

Flashback to 1999... At age 28, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. That discovery wasn't even remotely as shocking as recently being told I'd had a major stroke. So, more on my bipolar brain in future posts too.

If given a choice, which would you choose, being "touched" with bipolar disorder or having a major stroke (cerebellar or other)? Like I said before, I've had a somewhat torturous amount of time to ponder that question and more. And that's the main reason I decided to start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment